For Cornbread (adapted from allrecipes.com)
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch square pan.
2. Melt butter in large skillet. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in pan. Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until well blended and few lumps remain. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. After the cornbread has cooled, cut into cubes and let stale over night.
Other filling Ingredients
1/2 onion, small dice
1 pound sausage
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
6 slices of preserved limes, finely chopped
2 cups chicken stock
1. Saute onion and sausage, add 3 slices of preserved limes and 2 Tablespoons of preserved lime juice for cooking.
2. Once cooked, let mixture cool.
3. In a 12 X 9 inch pan, mix cornbread, meat mixture, cilantro, parsley, chicken stock, and remaining preserved limes. Bake at 375 degrees F until the top of the stuffing mixture begins to brown.